- Get Involved
- Education & Outreach
- Resources & Links
The Call for Abstracts is now closed
2013 Carbon Management Technology Conference (CMTC 2013)
The 2013 Carbon Management Technology Conference (CMTC) conference will draw professionals from all engineering disciplines to share their expertise and provide their perspectives on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to changing climate. The conference will focus on engineering perspectives regarding key issues, including technologies, strategies, policies, management systems and metrics. Experts and practitioners will share their findings and experience with the readiness, effectiveness, and implementation of options involved in meeting the challenges posed by greenhouse gas emissions. Engineering expertise, experience, and perspectives are critical to developing a viable path to meeting these challenges.
CMTC welcomes engineers of all relevant disciplines, researchers and scientists, executives, agency personnel (international, federal, state and local), operations and maintenance engineers/managers, economists, academics, regulatory and legal professionals, suppliers of products and services, and project, technology and HSE managers to this successor to the inaugural 2012 CMTC.
CMTC will feature presentations by keynote speakers, technical papers, poster presentations, panel discussions, and workshops. Dave Rogers, General Manager of Climate Change at Chevron, is chairing this event.
What is Unique about CMTC:
- Organized by eight key Engineering Societies to tackle both mitigation and adaptation
- Reflects everything from in-the-field engineering experience to state-of-the-art research
- Designed to meet the needs of engineers and corporate decision makers
- Integrates interdisciplinary approaches to capture all essential perspectives
- Builds upon multi-disciplined experience and global lessons learned
Key features of CMTC:
- Draws professionals from all engineering societies,
- Brings together experts from a multitude of disciplines in carbon management technologies,
- Participation by elected officers and executive directors of engineering societies,
- A multi-disciplinary focus on critical engineering issues for mitigation of and adaptation to climate change, and
- Participation of international leaders from the public and private sectors.
The Carbon Management Technology Conference is sponsored by eight organizations: